Thursday, March 27, 2014

How I Keep Track of Everything

Developing a game is a lot of work. On several forums people have discussed how they go about managing the daunting task of creating a game by one person. Below I've included a small image of my game design schedule. I list the general feature I'd like to implement, then I have an asterisk system for the difficulty of the feature. The more asterisks the more difficult (I've intentionally only shown the easy tasks, I want you to keep reading!). Lastly is the portion that shows if I've finished the task or not. This is last part is hugely beneficial, as it staves off depression of having a massive list of tasks to accomplish. It's like a to-do list where I can check off challenges. As I stated previously, I try to accomplish one thing a day, usually that means one item off this list.


No comments:

Post a Comment